8th Grade: News and Events
8th grade parents,
Counselors at Creekside, Bartram Trail, and Nease will be at our school March 27-29th to go over your student’s classes for next year. Parents are welcome to come if they wish.
· Creekside students will go with their social studies classes to the multipurpose room. The schedule for those students can be found under the “8th grade news and events” on our website. In addition, they can ask their social studies teacher for their scheduled timeframe. Don’t forget: Creekside Ramp up night for parents and rising 9th graders is march 26th at 6:00 pm.
· Bartram Trail or Nease students will go individually to the Media Center. An invitation will be sent home with them indicating the day and time that they will meet. Bartram Trail will be here on the 27th and Nease will be here on the 28th.
· All students will be coming home with a list of classes they were recommended for. (Except for Bartram Trail, you will be given this at your appointment) This recommendation is based on their current classes, grades, and FSA scores. This is not their schedule, only a list of classes that may be on their schedule. On the other side, you will see an elective worksheet. Please fill this out with your student and sign. Your student then needs to bring this with them to give to the counselor during their appointment timeframe. If you have questions/concerns about your student’s classes please wait to do so during your student’s timeframe. For any student who has not received a worksheet by March 12th, please come to the front office and see the school counselor, Ms. Schraff, to get one.
Important 8th Grade Events
May 3-4 8th grade Gradventure MORE INFORMATION & FORMS
Availability to attend the 8th Grade Behavior Field Trip is first come first serve. Students may be waitlisted until a sufficient amount of the charter bus can be filled. If your student is waitlisted, they will be told their status the day after submitting their paperwork by Mrs. McCarty. Waitlisted students will have their money refunded in the event that they cannot attend the trip. Availability is limited, so we would like to encourage everyone to sign up as quickly as possible. Mrs. McCarty will only be accepting paperwork/fee in the cafeteria from 7:15AM to 7:30AM on the following days: February 4, 6, 8, 11, 13, 20, 22, 25 and March 1. Receipt for payment done via SchoolPay should accompany permission and medical forms.
Important High School Information:
- Scholarships Page: http://www.stjohns.k12.fl.us/gpc/home/scholarships/
- Creekside HS Advanced Scholars Progression
Important Dates: 8th Grade Transition to High School Timeline
March 6 Creekside Pep Rally @ FCMS during school
March 26 CHS Ramp Up night @ Creekside High (Information for parents/students about hight school)
March 27 Creekside High School counselors @ FCMS to build high school schedules with students during school
March 27 Bartram Trail High School counselors @ FCMS to build high school schedules for those students who are going to BTHS
March 28 Creekside High School counselors @ FCMS to build high school schedules with students during school
March 28 Nease High School counselors @ FCMS to build high school schedules with students during school
March 29 Creekside High School counselors @ FCMS to build high school schedules with students during school